All CCFPD rules and ordinances are in effect. Be especially aware that (1) Dogs must always be leashed; (2) Alcohol, camping and hunting are prohibited; and (3) Watercraft power is limited to oar, paddle, or electric trolling motors. Buoy lines should not be crossed, moved or used for anchoring. Areas marked as private property do not belong to the Forest Preserve District, and crossing into them is trespassing and against the law.
Please Help Preserve Water Quality
Invasive Species such as Zebra Mussel, Asian Carp, and Eurasian Watermilfoil have invaded Illinois at a very large cost. These small pieces of live plant material or young animals can be carried inside boat motors, livewells or trailers for several days, and be inadvertently deposited into new areas. Once deposited, they adapt quickly and can aggressively overtake native populations of plants and animals and deplete our natural resources.
To Protect Water and Wildlife
- Fishing with minnows or live bait is prohibited; worms are allowed.
- Boats with gasoline engines mounted on them, whether the engine is in use or not, are prohibited. Please remove motors prior to launching.
- Boats with built-in livewells are prohibited.
- Boaters are requested not to launch any boat that has been in the Illinois River, Wabash River, or Great Lakes within five days prior to your visit to River Bend.
- Before placing boats in the lake, boaters are requested to check boats, trailers, trolling motors, etc. to make sure no plant matter is clinging to them.
Your efforts in preserving the quality of this special facility are greatly appreciated.