Aerial view of Lake of the Woods beach in the 1950s
By 1957, the Sea Slide, Little Golden Gate Bridge and Lake of the Woods Pavilion were all attractions in Lake of the Woods Park. The connection to the south by the Little Golden Gate Bridge facilitated new development in that direction. The park was well known by this point as a great place for fishing. Hundreds of trees were planted each year after the park opened, including white pines, hard maples, ash, oak, and sycamores.